Approx Cost of brake service?

Now that I'm hearing the brake feelers and its time for brake service, what is the average cost of pad replacement for my '07 Santa Fe AWD? I'm located in Central CT FYI.

And with only 46K miles I'm not expecting the rotors to be that bad if at all. At this point I am planning on a dealer service (Key - Manchester). What have others experienced?

Reply to
bobmct

Many dealers and chain stores won't just replace the pads. They often want to do a complete brake service that includes turning rotors, rebuilding calipers, etc. They don't want complaints later since they give a warranty. Expect to pay hefty.

A set of pads is about $25 to $60 for ceramic. I can get them installed for about $25 too, but that is a neighbor that does some side work like that. A shop would be probably $75+. A chain shop can be $200 or more for a full brake job.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski