Are the Tucson and Sportage really sisters?

Just wondering if anyone compared the Kia Sportage to the Hyundai Tucson. They are supposed to be "sister vehicles" of the merged Kia and Hyundai, but I am curious if they truly are the same vehicles with different badges, or totally different units.

Reply to
Gordo

"" wrote: > Just wondering if anyone compared the Kia Sportage to the > Hyundai Tucson. > They are supposed to be "sister vehicles" of the merged Kia > and Hyundai, but > I am curious if they truly are the same vehicles with > different badges, or > totally different units.

Yes, both models are basically the same underneath the skin. I drove both models and walked away liking the Sportage since in my opinion it looks nicer, fit and finish was tighter (better paint application, too), leather interior seemed nicer than the Tucson, and again interior fit and finish was tighter for some reason. Driving both models, I preferred the Sportage. Both had the 2.7 V6 engine and auto transmission but in my opinion the Sportage had a better feel to it. I have owned Hyundais in the past and am not bias against them. I think Kia has a real winner in the Sportage but you probably won?t go wrong buying either model. The Sportage was also cheaper than the Tucson with same equipment. You should go out and drive them both. Have fun!

Reply to
Reckerfox