atos door light switch problem

I have an issue with the door light switch on my Hyundai Atos 2001, 5 doors. Even if all doors are closed, the light in the compartement and in the trunk is lit. I found the switches for the 4 side doors, but can't find the one for the rear door. Does anyone know where the light switch for the rear door is? If there is any? Any advice how to troubleshoot? I tried manipulating the switches for the side doors, one by one, but compartment light never goes away.

-Joe

Reply to
Jostein Ellingsen

Hi Jostein,

The boot light switch is integrated with the boot catch assembly fitted to the boot door. You can use say a 5mm dia metal bolt or screw to activate the boot catch while the boot is open. To release the catch, just press the little leaver sticking out the left hand side of the catch echanism. -Don't try to shut the boot while the catch is in the closed

state ;-)

Gio

Reply to
Steve

You may need to go around unplugging all the switches to see where the problem is. We don't have the Atos in the U.S., so I cannot look to see which switches would make both the room and cargo lamps illuminate.

Reply to
hyundaitech