attn Hyundaitech: Have you dealt with check-engine trouble code P0442 on 2002 Sonata GLS?

The local AutoZone plugged their scanner and pulled trouble code P0442 on my 2002 Sonata GLS. The result said it was "EVAP small leak / no-flow condition:: 1. Defective or loose gas cap, 2. EVAP canister or
hose cracked / not connected, 3. Purge or vent solenoid defective, 4. Vacuum leak at engine. The light just came on yesterday afternoon at 90800 miles and is the first time I ever had a check engine light come on. I checked the gas cap and turned it until it clicked but the light is still on. Any clue about this one?
- Thee Chicago Wolf
It takes a while for the lite to go out on its on.

Last night I disconnected the battery but didn't start up the car as I was busy doing something else. I imagine if it was a loose gas cap, that should get rid of the light.
- Thee Chicago Wolf
I had the same problem/code and, after resetting, the light came on again within a couple of miles. Ended up replacing the gas cap and light has remained off and no codes are showing. It will take several cycles for the light to clear by itself but Autozone should be able to reset the light for you if you don't have access to a code reader. On my car, a GM, disconnecting the battery did not clear the code and lamp remained lit until I canceled out with my scan reader.
Thee Chicago Wolf wrote:

Well, after disconnecting the battery the light has been off for 24hrs. I guess if it happens again it just might be time for a new gas cap. Thanks anyways.
- Thee Chicago Wolf