ATTN: Hyundaitech - Re: 2006 Elantra radio removal

How does the radio come out?
Simple or messy?
thanks, nothermark

nothermark wrote:

You have to remove the dash fascia, which entails removing a few screws (two in the ash tray area and three on the left side of the dash under a pry-off trim panel, IIRC), then pulling the fascia out. There are several clips that hold it and they have a tendency to pop loose in some cases. Take your time and make sure you have all the screws out and that you find any clips that go flying. Once the fascia is off, removing the radio is very straightforward and the screws are readily visible.
Brian's pretty much right. The only note I'd make is that there are only two screws on the left side. They're in the top of the facia in front of the cluster.
hyundaitech wrote:

Actually, I forgot about those initially. Aren't there screws on the left side under the trim panel, too? I guess it's been a while since I last took the dash fascia off my car...
Brian says: "Aren't there screws on the left side under the trim panel, too?"
Not on the '01 and newer Elantras. I seem to remember some older cars where you had to pull the left lower dash panel to get the cluster out, but I don't recall which models and years.