AUTO DOOR LOCKS

My new ?08 Elantra doors do not lock after starting or driving a short distance. Took it to a local dealer that said it was a computer fix and they would do it for free. After fooling with it for almost an hour he said it couldn¹t be changed on an Elantra. Anyone else have similar problems with the ?08 doors?

Reply to
B.C. MALLAM

Is that a new feature in the '08? I know that '06s and earlier Elantras didn't have it. Frankly, I hate that "feature" of my girlfriend's Passat and can't understand why anyone would want it. If I really want my doors locked, I think I can manage to push a button to do it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom