AWD Lock Differential

Thank you to all that replied about my request for feedback on the '08 Santa Fe Limited AWD. It sure is a nice SUV.

I had a quick question. Could someone please explain the details of how Hyundai's AWD works, and what the 'AWD Lock' button on the leftside of the dash does when engaged....?

Thanks again!

Reply to
Michael Reinders

Your Santa Fe has electronically controlled (part-time) 4WD. If the front wheels start to slip, it'll engage 4WD automatically. In slippery conditions, you can use the "lock" button to keep 4WD always engaged at low speeds. As your speed increases, the 4WD control module will gradually reduce the amount of power to the rear wheels. Your owner's manual will explain this in more detail, including specifics on speed which I don't remember off the top of my head.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech