Azera

No threads about the Azera yet? I'm interested in hearing about it.

2006 17:18:17) about "Azera":
N> No threads about the Azera yet? I'm interested in hearing about it.
Hearing what? Have you taken it on a test drive yet? l might be able to answer some questions given that I took it for a fairly varied test drive a few weeks ago.
In a word - impressive!
Best Regards
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:13:31 -0500

We bought one ~ 3 months ago. I still consider it one of my better auto purchases. We have 4,500 miles on it, and are still in love with it. I don't think you could come close to the features for the price in any other auto.
WOW factors: Good, tight steering. (I'm not a pro or anything, just 40 years of driving, so don't flame me for this statement.) Automatic rear window sunscreen. (A real guy thing!) Driver 1 / Driver 2. Auto everything: lights, wipers, tempature. Leg / head room in front AND back. Cruise control is solid and dead-on accurate. Quiet, quiet, quiet.
OOPs factors: No GPS option available. Design of options not packaged together, example: compass in the rearview mirror, outside tempature displays on the climate control, mileage / trip odometer in the dashboard. This is a small bother, but I am used to a Chrysler Concorde, where everthing is located in one module.
Hope this helps,
Thanks! Sounds nice.
(FWIW, and please do not take offense at this because I truly appreciate your information, "tempature" is spelled temperature. I wouldn't mention it except you mispelled it twice, and your response was otherwise very articulate).
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:13:31 -0500

I guess it is what you get used to. The compass on my Buick is on the mirror also. They are made by the same company as for Hyundai. http://www.gentex.com/automotive.html
I sort of expect the outdoor temperature to be right along with all the other climate controls. The Sonata trip meter has more information on a given trip than my Buick, but the Buick has two trip meters. I like that because I use one for when I fill the tank, the other for actual tip or legs of a trip. No way to make all the people happy all the time.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I saw this mentioned in a road test recently also. I thought it was odd since the Sonata has two trip meters. :-)
Matt

Depends on the model. Some have two trip meters, but others have the trip computer and only one distance reading. I forget what models have the former, but my Limited has the latter. They show both in the owners manual.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

My Sonata GL has no trip computer, but it has two trip meters. It does seem odd that the higher trim level would have less capability in this respect.
Matt