Azera

No threads about the Azera yet? I'm interested in hearing about it.

Reply to
NowItsWhatever

Reply to message from "NowItsWhatever" (Fri, 13 Oct

2006 17:18:17) about "Azera":

N> No threads about the Azera yet? I'm interested in hearing about it.

Hearing what? Have you taken it on a test drive yet? l might be able to answer some questions given that I took it for a fairly varied test drive a few weeks ago.

In a word - impressive!

Best Regards Wayne Moses Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:13:31 -0500

Wayne Moses

Wayne Moses wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@wmoses.houston.rr.com:

We bought one ~ 3 months ago. I still consider it one of my better auto purchases. We have 4,500 miles on it, and are still in love with it. I don't think you could come close to the features for the price in any other auto.

WOW factors: Good, tight steering. (I'm not a pro or anything, just 40 years of driving, so don't flame me for this statement.) Automatic rear window sunscreen. (A real guy thing!) Driver 1 / Driver 2. Auto everything: lights, wipers, tempature. Leg / head room in front AND back. Cruise control is solid and dead-on accurate. Quiet, quiet, quiet.

OOPs factors: No GPS option available. Design of options not packaged together, example: compass in the rearview mirror, outside tempature displays on the climate control, mileage / trip odometer in the dashboard. This is a small bother, but I am used to a Chrysler Concorde, where everthing is located in one module.

Hope this helps,

Reply to
Michael Lee

Thanks! Sounds nice.

(FWIW, and please do not take offense at this because I truly appreciate your information, "tempature" is spelled temperature. I wouldn't mention it except you mispelled it twice, and your response was otherwise very articulate).

Reply to
NowItsWhatever

I guess it is what you get used to. The compass on my Buick is on the mirror also. They are made by the same company as for Hyundai.

I sort of expect the outdoor temperature to be right along with all the other climate controls. The Sonata trip meter has more information on a given trip than my Buick, but the Buick has two trip meters. I like that because I use one for when I fill the tank, the other for actual tip or legs of a trip. No way to make all the people happy all the time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I saw this mentioned in a road test recently also. I thought it was odd since the Sonata has two trip meters. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Depends on the model. Some have two trip meters, but others have the trip computer and only one distance reading. I forget what models have the former, but my Limited has the latter. They show both in the owners manual.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My Sonata GL has no trip computer, but it has two trip meters. It does seem odd that the higher trim level would have less capability in this respect.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting