Back to this alarm/keyless entry 2003 accent

hi as posted before we have purchased a 2003 gl sedan with power doorlocks and central locking. the previous owners did not provide us with a remote keyfob and we are not
certain that the car has a factory alarm/keyless entry. last night my wife came home and when she shut the car off,a red led came on in the hyundai factory stereo.i looked in the manual and there is no reference to a flashing led in the stereo.it is an upgraded factory stereo that is not in the owners manual and it does say hyundai on it. is there any way that i can positivly identify if this car came with a factory alarm and keyless entry? would the vin# be helpful to find this out? thanks,jeff

Well, I'm not sure how much help it will be, but I know from previous hyundai's, the radios were armed with the anti-theft device so that the radios couldn't be stolen...

And this anti-theft device was the blinking LED...
hi well that explains that ,but it seems that the radio is nothing special. someone would actuall steal a hyundai factory cd player!!! i guess its back to square one and an aftermarket keyless entry to add to the existing power door locks. thanks,jeff

It sounds stupid, but its true. Look at everything else being stolen today. So that's all the blinking LED means, is that the radio can't be stolen...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, a very easy way. Contact Hyundai Customer Service and ask them. They'll need the VIN for your car, but will be able to tell you everything it came equipped with from the factory. If the car had an alarm (more than likely it did), they can tell you what's necessary to get a new key fob for it.
When it comes to questions like this, contacting the manufacturer is the best way to go, as no one on the Internet is going to be able to give you a definitive answer.

No, it doesn't that the radio can't be stolen, just that it won't work in another vehicle if it IS stolen. That's not even completely true, since all you need to activate it is the numeric key, which is usually printed on a label affixed to the side of the glove box (look on the left outside surface). Not that you average thief would know that or take the time to find the code.

canadian vin# 2003 acent gl 4 door 1.6l dohc KMHCG45C43U490373 thanks alot you can email me at my reply address as it's valid thanks,jeff
According to the parts catalog, you do not have an alarm or transmitter, so you'd need an add-on system to use keyless entry.
hi ht thanks as always ht regards,jeff