Block heater

Hi, It is getting cold up here and I decided to look for my block heater cord and I have no idea where it would be located. any guesses? It is a 2006 Gls

3.3l.
Reply to
fred

What makes you think that you have a block heater? bill

Reply to
BillyGoat

The BillyGoat entity posted thusly:

He's posting from Sasktel.net. If any car dealer dared to sell a car without a block heater, he'd be run out of town strapped to a bison, and with a bushel of canary seed shoved down his pants.

Larry (also posting from Saskatchewan, looking at the outdoor thermometer that tells me it's -23C right now)

Fred... on our '04 Elantra, it was kind of wrapped around the washer fluid reservoir, if I remember correctly.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Reply to
Jody

I have no idea how -23C is cold, does that thermometer have a F on it? Actually when traveling thru the Yukon once (in the summer), I asked an old-timer how cold it got in the winter. His reply was 30 below. When I asked if F or C, he said at that temp it didn't make any difference. bill

Reply to
BillyGoat

The BillyGoat entity posted thusly:

It does, but I seldom bother with it. It's about -10F

Well,-40C is the same as -40F. When he said it didn't make any difference at -30, he was close, and probably meant that it was damn cold in either system.

Tonight (right now) it's -34C, or about -30F.

They are predicting a wind chill of -60 or so tomorrow. Not looking forward to going out in it.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

You must have anti-freeze for blood........That's freekin cold.

Reply to
Andy C

"BillyGoat" wrote in news:zYSdnXTHQ5Lvz2jeRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

It doesn't really. It is trivial to show that both scales are equal at -40.

C = 32 + 1.8 F

Sinan

Reply to
A. Sinan Unur

Two things regarding the conversion from F to C.

**There are exactly 9 Farenheit degrees for every 5 Celsius degrees (and so, 18 F for every 10 C). Since 32 Farenheit is 0 Celsius, that means that 41 F is 5 C, 50F is 10C, and so forth. Conversely, -10C is 14F, -20C is -6F and so forth.

**-40 is the same temperature for both Farenheit and Celsius (now THAT is cold).

So, yes, -23C would be somewhere around -12F.

COLD, no matter how you say it.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

"Rev. Tom Wenndt" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews2.newsguy.com:

Actually -23C is -9.4F Your facts at the beginning are correct, but your math is wrong. -20C is -4F

(C*1.8)+32 = F (F-32)/1.8 = C

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

The Andy C entity posted thusly:

Wish I did! I just layer on enough clothing and try to keep any exposed skin out of the wind. This morning, when I went out, it was about -32C (about -25F),with winds about 70-80 km/hr.

I put on a pair of longies (thermal underwear with long legs), a pair of track pants, a pair of wind pants, a T-shirt, a long sleeved flannel shirt, a down jacket with hood, gauntlet-style mitts, a balaclava and a toque (a knit cap, for you USAns, like the cap Stan wears on South Park), and pair of lined rubber boots over ordinary socks.

With the hood up, I was just comfortable as long as I faced away from the wind. Turning to face the wind, which was unavoidable, my face hurt.. Staying that way for long would definitely result in frostbite on any exposed skin within a few minutes. Whenever I happened to be in a sheltered spot, with no wind, I was uncomfortably hot and starting to sweat.

After about 10-15 minutes, my fingers started to get pretty darned cold, and about 5 minutes after that, my toes started feeling it.

It's usually only a few days at a time, though. They are saying our high tomorrow will be about -9C (about +15F).

-8, eh? Yeah, that kind of weather makes me button up my shirt alright. :-)

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Reply to
fred

I get so tired of pampered, all-about-me whinners complaining about the dealer and how put out they were. You didn't ask about a courtesey car and just assumed that you deserved one. Suddenly it's the dealer's fault for not advising you? Why should the dealer provide you a car simply because you brought yours in to have something installed that isn't even part of the standard factory equipment? You bought the car used, right? Who should have made sure the block heater was installed? You. But now the dealer is inconveniencing you. Bull.

Your poor wife had to endure 2.5 hours of service "inconsideration"? What do you expect when you bring a car in for service? Do you expect that they drop everything and wave their magic wand and fix your car in the wink of an eye? How long have you been on this earth? You want the car altered but you don't want to afford the dealer the time to do the job.

Maybe they bought that car there. Maybe they've purchases more than one car there. Maybe they didn't just come in to get their own goof up corrected and expect the dealer to fall all over them.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
fred

No - I don't expect someone to be there at my beck and call simply because I'm there. Their pupose for being at the dealership is not to give you a lift because you want one. Sorry - you lose.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
fred

Ontario CA? Block heater listed as dealer installable option.

So are you telling me Canadians are now rude? ;-)

Reply to
nothermark

The nothermark entity posted thusly:

Sorry about that. He's in Saskatchewan, but perhaps he moved here from Quebec.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Neither. Not even close. Just someone who gets tired of useless people who come into forums complaining about what everyone else is not doing for them. Whine, whine, whine.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:72d81$43f8d75f$4528960b$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

You should try to use the delete button, Mike. The OP had a valid complaint for the area he/she lives in. The dealer screwed up and should have made every effort to make up for that screw up. Not having anyone available to drop someone off while 8 salesmen are watching a hockey game sounds a little rude to me considering they made the mistake.

This is one reason why most, if not all, Hyundai dealers suck.

Speaking of whining...aren't you also whining every time someone comes here to complain about something? Whine, whine, whine. Why don't you try to help them or STFU already?

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.