Blower noise

I've started getting a noise from the blower in my 2006 Santa Fe. Sounds like a ticking noise...driving me nuts. When I push on the blower housing, at least I think it's the blower housing, under the
glove coompartment, the sound changes. Sounds like a fan blade is hitting against something. Almost like a leaf or something is in there. Constant ticking noise. Low when the fan speed is low, louder and faster when the fan speed is higher.
Anyone heard of this before?
Thanks.
I've had this happen several times with my 2004 Santa Fe. The first time, the dealer found a leaf in the blower. Subsequently, I installed a cabin air filter, thinking it would block such foreign objects from getting in there. But it's happened several times since. Eventually, the problem seems to disappear on its own.

Richard Kershenbaum wrote:

Eventually, the leaf falls apart.
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:11:04 GMT, Brian Nystrom

Or a mouse will get in there and eat the leaf. -
Bob
And then the tick changes to a squeek John

or a "thud"...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

And then you get a bad smell coming out of the vents... -
Bob