Blown motor (tib) Update

Hi,

Well it's been three weeks since the kid blew his engine (2004 tib 2.7) Picked up a 2.7 engine from a 2006 at the bone yard. (20k on it) Got it running but it runs real rough, like the gas mixture's not right. So my question to you is.... Is the 2004-2.7 the same engine as in the 2006,or did they change something in the fuel lines???

TIA

Ron

Reply to
RC

According to the catalog, there's a production date split during March of

2004. Depending on when your son's car was produced, there will be some sort of difference. I don't think it's significant, though. The block and heads are the same.

Recheck your work and proceed with normal diagnosis.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Likely it's something we missed then. Thanks again, Ron

Reply to
RC