Blue Link Sucks!

Page 1 of 2
Has anyone had a problem with Blue Link? If so, what kind of problem? Has it been taken care of?

I suspect you'll get more meaningful responses if you describe your issue(s) with blue link.
replying to hyundaitech , Joyce wrote:

They know what's going on with me, and they don't care evidently.
On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:18:02 PM UTC-4, Joyce wrote:

Blue Link may know, but we didn't until you told us in the other thread.
My advice would be to call the main Hyundai customer assistance number (800 -633-5151) and express your frustrations there. They may be able to influe nce the people at Blue Link more than you can. At the very least, I'd thin k they'd be able to contact someone in management at Blue Link to make sure you at least got a call.
I do tend to agree with Ed, though, that the usefulness is small compared t o the price. Unless the monthly price is an insignificant amount of money to you, I doubt you'll think it's worth it.
On 6/25/2014 12:50 PM, hyundaitech wrote:

It was announced that the 2015 Sonata will have Google powered BlueLink with more features. Now all the have to do is cut the price in half.
hyundaitech wrote:

That has the pattern of a lawyer looking for fodder for a class action lawsuit ...
On 6/24/2014 9:18 AM, Joyce wrote:

Over priced and the remote start was unreliable. Other functions worked. I dropped it after the trial period and had aftermarket remote start installed.
On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:18:01 AM UTC-4, Joyce wrote:

I purchased a 2014 Tuscan Limited in January. My Bluelink remote service ha s never worked. I'm now dealing with Hyundai to get them out of my current lease and into a car that actually has working features. They've sent multi ple engineers out to look at my car and can't find the problem. The dealer in my area has had 4 cards of different models having the same issue. Bluel ink sucks and I'm starting to think Hyundai is just as bad!

BlueLink does suck, I don't use it and did not go past the "free" period. Everything else works just fine and I'm happy with my Turbo Sonata.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Onstar on my new Chevy Silverado works great.
:-)
On 11/14/2014 6:22 PM, Voyager wrote:

I never found OnStar to be worth the money either. BlueLink has a few good features, but not worth the price. The remote start was a PITA as you had to turn on your phone first, then be sure the doors were locked, then finally send the "start" signal. I had a regular remote start installed and it works well.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yes, pretty hard to use your phone if it isn't turned on. Shame on GM for not making a way for OnStar to read your mind and turn your phone on for you when you think about starting your vehicle. How could they have missed this???
I can start with my key fob if in range, but I can start from anywhere with my iphone or ipad. :-)
On 11/15/2014 1:45 PM, Voyager wrote:

then started the car, the fob starter would have it up to temperature. I like to keep the number of steps minimal at 6 AM. Push a button for 3 seconds and it starts. And it does not cost $200 a year.
I have navigation in my car. They have a method that allows yu to use your computer to search for POI when planning a trip, then they can be sent to the car to add to the address book. Nice feature, but that is another $100 a year. Sorry, but I'm not paying $300 when most features I'd not use.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The phone and ipad app isn't meant to replace the fob when you are in fob range. My office is WAY out of fob range from the parking area, but not out of range of cell towers and satellite. They give you two tools for two different situations. Works for me.
On 11/15/2014 9:04 PM, Voyager wrote:

Both is good. BlueLink does not give you a fob though, just a clunky way to start. At work my car is just outside my window so I can almost throw the fob at it. Not sure what the real distance is, but they advertise like a 1/4 mile or something outlandish under perfect conditions.
replying to Ed Pawlowski, James P Bergeron wrote: On Star at least works. I've used mine many times but Blue Link is definitely crap in our 2015 Genesis for multiple reasons. The Hyundai people open a case for you and tell you to take it back to the dealer who blames the smart phone for the system that won't work. It's a joke all the way around. Avery expensive joke at that.
On 11/29/2016 12:18 AM, James P Bergeron wrote:

This thread started back in 2014. I've since traded my Sonata for a 2015 Genesis. An aftermarket remote starter is still a good idea. Push of a button and in seconds the car is running.
My new car came with a yer of BlueLink. It still takes a longer time to start the car than just a fob. This time though, it has been far more reliable and has not missed a start yet. It also has features like turning on the defroster, adjusting the temperature.
BlueLink is fine sitting in the house and can easily take a couple of minutes. Leaving the grocery store checkout it is easier and faster to just push a button and it is running.
Blue Link with navigation has a handy "send to car" feature where you can plan a trip at the computer or phone and once you find a destination, you can send it to the car for when you make the trip. Full package is till pricey at $300 though.
replying to Ed Pawlowski, john wrote: 2017 elantra limiter my blue link stopped working after 1 week and no answers!!!! I mshould of bought the Dodge Charger
On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 14:18:01 +0000, john

I'm curious how long your tires will last. My 2014 Elantra's two rear tires needed replacing after about 25k miles; and we are very "easy" drivers.
On 3/9/2016 12:41 PM, CRNG wrote:

Did you check out the alignment? Wear pattern? Rear tires tend to last much longer than front on FWD cars, but the are prone to cupping and get noisy and rough riding.
I've been careless in the past, but tire rotation really is important.