BlueLink

Anyone have it yet?

I bought a 2013 Sonata this week and it is equipped with BlueLink. I'm on the trial period.

Overall, if it can be made to work it is a superior system to GM's OnStar, but it has some reliability issues so far.

My last couple of cars had aftermarket remote starters. One push of the button would make it start. With the phone app on my Android, if the phone is asleep, it takes 16 keystrokes to do the same thing. Start the app, enter my password, select the vehicle (even though I only have one) select remote start, enter the four digit PIN. I'll need a coffee break after all of that!.

A few times I had problems with the phone app not allowing me to enter my password to get to the remote features, such and locking, horn and lights, starting.

Using the My Hyundai web page, you can do the same thing. Well, you have to find it first. Remote starting is buried a few layers down and not so obvious. You can find the locking and unlocking features, but they hide the start button down another layer someplace. Why??? The idiot that designed the web layout should be condemned to having to use it to start his car every day.

There are some other features that I found last night, but could not find again today. Searching for POIs for the navigation system and sending them to the car. Needs some refinement.

BlueLink also has the option of sending you and Eco report after every fill up. Mine was not sent today.

If everything worked reliably, was a bit simpler to use, I'd rate it a ten. Right now, it is about a 4.

Oh, one more thing. The My Hyundai web page has a place to send feedback. I typed out what I posted here. Just as I was going to click the send button, it just logged me out and lost it. How dumb is that?

As for the rest of the car? Love it. the 2.0 turbo has lots of smooth power.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You may be right. Everything on the car is good, but the software needs a bit of work yet. The navigation works well, as does the voice commands for all the controls.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

In my opinion, BlueLink was brought to market much too soon. As far as I can tell, there continue to be problems with the engineering of the system. They're now few and far between, but they're there.

If you have key start, you should be able to have your dealer add a remote start and you can forget about the BlueL> On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:58:57 -0400, "Charles"

Reply to
hyundaitech