Brake backing plate

    Just finished ordering car parts, including the rear hub for my 2002 Sonata.
    When I bought the car, the seller told me it made a noise from
the rear, which he thought was the brakes. I replaced the calipers, pads, and rotors all around. When I got the rear passenger side apart, I found that it still made a noise even with all the brake components removed.
    The noise is a "rotating" noise, it varies with the speed of the car and does not occur when standing still. It does not vary when the brakes are applied.
".....shu......shu.....shu....shu....shu..shu..shu..shushushushu"
    Anyhow, I presume that it is a problem with the hub/bearing assembly and I have ordered a replacement. I wish I had replaced it when I had the car apart <g>, but it was not on the agenda. I don't really know if this is a problem or not, but the noise affects my enjoyment of the car. Plus, I presume if this fails, it will probably be on a long trip or other most inopportune time<g>.
    When I was doing the brakes, I noticed that the steel plate on this wheel was damaged and rotted. I removed a loose piece since I thought maybe that was what was causing the noise. Since I am now about to take this whole assembly apart, I would like to replace this plate. However, I cannot find one on-line. I also don't know if this is called a "baking plate" or a "splash shield" or what. I'm guessing the Hyundai dealer can get it ($$$) or I will have to get a pre-rotted one from a junkyard :-(.
    Anybody have any helpful info, advice, parts sources, etc? Thanks!
--
PB
"I suspect you're an arrogant little pissant who grew up in the

It's called a backing plate. Assuming the reference to calipers and rotors means you have disc brakes, the Hyundai part number for the passenger rear backing plate is 58252-38000.