Brake lube

i just replaced the rear brakes on my 2006 Elantra. I see what the fuss is about regarding filling the tabs on the pads to fit. Is there a lubricant that can be put on the chromed tracks the pads slide in?

While I am at it are the shims and chromed track slides available? Who has them and what are they called?

thanks, nothermark

Reply to
nothermark

Factory pads come with the shims already on them. Don't know if shim or hardware kits are available aftermarket.

The pad slides are listed in the parts catalog as coming with the pads, but in most cases, they do not. You should be able to order them separately from your dealer.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Sorry. Forgot to address the actual topic of the post: lube.

Most parts stores will have "disc brake lube." You can take a little of this and brush on the slides. In fact, if your pads don't have shims, coating the backing plate will likely reduce squeal as well.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks. I've never seen aftermarket pads with shims but I will ask the next time I am in a parts store. Mine came off in flakes. ;-)

Reply to
nothermark