Brake pad replacement

What mileage did you replace brake pads/linings on an Elantra.
I have a 2001 Elantra with 76K miles, brakes are still responding good..

Irwell wrote:

"Responding good" is meaningless. Pads should be replaced when the 6 month pad inspection shows them needing to be replaced. I replaced the front ones on my 06 Specta at 35k miles and the rears at 45k miles.
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:37:02 -0600, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

It means the car stops, no squealing when the brake pedal is actuated.

That was about my idea of replacement times, but the last inspection at 50k miles reported as 40% still left on the pads.

Even if they are scoring up the rotors.

I traded in my Sonata with 67000 miles and original pads in good condition. That is longer than I ever got from my GM cars with similar use and miles. I'd bet they still had at least 30,000 left on them.
Comments re Sonata are about right, I got 106,000 km out of my front pads. John
Irwell wrote:

Much depends on your driving conditions and type of pad. Houston is pretty hard on cars.