breaks for 2001 XG300

This has not been a good year for my XG300. I had to replace the spark plugs, timing belt, drive belts, pcv valve and now the transmission fluid cooler is leaking, so they say and I am sure it is.
The car needed breaks so I brought it into Midas, because they already replaced the pads once. This time I had to replace the rotors and one of the calipers on the back left is frozen, even thought they tried to free it up. That is $1,000. The ABS and the TCS lights when on last night after sitting in USOPEN and Sunday night traffic after I had the break pads and the rotors replaced (they didn't have the caliper, they had to order it and I was very busy last week. This afternoon the warning lights were not on. The guy at Midas said the warning lights could be on because the speed sensors on the wheels are bad. I wonder if it could just be the stuck caliper?
So, it's $1,500 to Hyundai, $1,000 to Midas and there is that transmission fluid cooler that will cost $600. I proably should have gotten rid of the car but I wanted to save it for my daughter who promised to take driving lessons. That is $3.100 and who knows what else is next.
Alan

It could be a bad sensor, damaged wiring, low brake fluid level, low tire, or a host of other things. If the Midas guy isn't capable of diagnosing, take it somewhere that is. I once repaired an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with an ABS lamp on for a total cost of about $20. Both third brake lamp bulbs were out. Of course, we couldn't help the owner with the $2000 he'd paid some brake chain to attempt to fix the issue.
Out of curiosity, if you're spending $1000 for pads and rotors all the way around, why are you having your car serviced at Midas. You should be able to get factory parts and service for that price or less.
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:57:51 -0700 (PDT), hyundaitech

Every time I get a complaint about a new tool I dig a couple of these articles out. ;-)
Can you replace it for $3,000 and know what you got? Phil