Burst tire on 06 Sonata LX

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

When I used to have AAA insurance, you HAD to buy the "membership" That's the reason I switched to Allstate. Cheaper, by far. I found I never used the roadside assistance. But for anyone who needs it, it can be a big help. But it still would be cheaper to call a tow truck once every three years than to buy a "membership" every year.
My dad has it and likes it. The only problem is during a really bad snow storm he couldn't get a truck out to help him. They were too busy. He ended up taking a cab home and he even tried to get AAA to pay for it, since there was a 3 hour wait for a tow truck.
Brian

True, but if you are 2000 miles from home and have no idea who to call and can't find a phone book, having the 800 number would be handy.
I've never had it, but I'll consider a membership for convenience as I get older. In all my years of driving, I've only needed a hook twice so I'm still many $$$ ahead.
wrote in message

Like any insurance, if its not needed, its feels like a big ripoff, but....What does it cost to have a car towed 120 miles? betcha a pretty piece of change. Or gas delivered, or a jump start? I have it because I drive a lot. I also cover my wife and daughter because, well, because they are women :>)
I've never had a house fire, but have caried the insurance for 25 years- now thats painful.

That's my question....My roadside came in handy once and they were SNAPPY!
--
Steve, 2008 Sonata SE

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rfs/463926931.html