Buying a new 06 Sonata - Need direction.

I am thinking of buying a new 06 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6. I would appreciate any input on this car/buying tag/reliability etc..Any new Sonata owner's input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
makwana

I'm not quite sure I understand exactly what your asking. The '06 is new this year, so reliability is a projection not a fact. As for other input on "buying tag" etc. do you have specific questions? What do you know about the vehicle? I have an '06 Sonata GLS V6, like it very much, have a couple minor gripes that may be peculiar to me and nobody else. No major or minor problems yet, nice car Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

what kind of gripes do you have on your car. I am looking at a price tag of 19k out of the door price? what would be a good deal?

Reply to
makwana
19k isn't bad, better than most I would say, more than a few. Seen prices vary a bit from locale to locale. How much are you willing to pay? Gripes, nothing mechanically (yet). Design is excellent. Doc
Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

If I can get the same deal in 18k i would buy it in a heart beat....how much did you pay for your GLS V6?

Reply to
makwana

We bought a LX and love it. It listed for $23,495. I got it for $19,389 after $2500 rebates and negotiating, plus they tinted my windows. My only complaint is that I can not get real comfortable in the front seat. I don't know what it is, I think the seat pan is shorter than my other car. It's not uncomfortable just not quite right. Love the car, great value, great car. Rob

Reply to
Rob

Thats funny I had heard about the seat pans being an issue (shorter) before I bought, but it hasn't come to pass (panned out?). I'm 6'4"

240 so I kind of fill the seat but I find if the adjusment tilt (that is, the seat pan tilting front to back) is biased towards the front (down) I have no back of thigh impingement, nor little "arse" awareness. In addition I lower the entire seat as low as it goes and I'm fine. I'm coming from a much smaller car so perhaps I've never acclimated to "long pan seats" anyway. I do agree however great value great car..................Doc.
Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1134084099.268293.116420 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I have a GLS V6. I paid $16,900 out the door after a full day of "haggling". Consumer Reports had the "bottom line" at $17,200 for a V6 GLS (with the rebate at the time), so I made out fairly well I think.

I should also note that this was my FIFTH car purchase from the same dealer since my 1997 Elantra, so I think the owner (yes, I met with him for an hour personally) made this deal for me.

My biggest complaint is with the cup holders (yeah, I know, minor). They truly suck. I also wish the radio had an auxiliary input somewhere (even behind it would be fine), but I can't find one. And you can't replace the radio with an aftermarket unit without MAJOR modifications.

Other than that, I love the car. I am 6'2" and 205 (close to Doc) and I absolutely LOVE the drivers seat.

Good luck.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.