Buzzing rear door lock, 2002 Sonata

When I use the remote to lock the car doors, the rear passenager door lock makes a LOUD buzzing noise and the latch sometimes does not move.

It also sometimes makes the noise when opening the doors using the remote.

Compared to the normal click as the doors lock, the buzzing is loud.

2002 2.4Lt 4cyc Sonata 172,000 miles (all mine!, apart from 28 miles when I got it.)

Anyone had this fault?

Thanks in Advance:)

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

The gear in your actuator on that door is partially stripped. You'll need to replace the actuator if you want it to work correctly. If you're capable of removing the door trim panel, you'll be able to replace the actuator.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Had the same thing happen on a 2002 XG350 and they replaced it under warranty. Sounds like yours had to many miles for warranty work. Interesting that it was the rear door same as mine. It was the rear passenger door (behind the front passenger side on mine.)

Reply to
What