Bye, Bye, BlueLink

Using the remote function with Blue Link continued to be frustrating and time consuming so I had my remote starter installed today. It is faster and more reliable. Not to mention cheaper in the long run.
Blue Link does have a few nice features,but, IMO, not worth what they charge. Starting my car with Blue Link took from about 60 to 120 seconds depending if I was able to connect and how many error messages I got. The Code Alarm takes four seconds. The BL is reliable about 80% of the time. Past experience with Code Alarm it is 98% reliable
The cost with tax and installation was $268, about 17 months of the cost of BL.
Another difference is a trip to the store. If it is 5 below zero and wind is whipping 30 mph, I'd like to have the heat running when I get to the car. I push the button and it will be running in seconds. With the BL system, I'd take out my phone and go through many steps and touching the screen at least 10 times. By the time I got to the car, it would just be starting. Maybe.