Can A Hyundai Tucson be ordered?

I ask this question because I am very interested in a FWD 2015 Tucson Limited.

It fits the bill because we need a small SUV with a curb weight of

3000-3400 lbs to be hauled on a dolly behind our SUV.

I went to a dealer and asked and couldn't really get a straight answer other than they can look for one as they come out of production or are in shipment somewhere or why don't I take a 2014. Well, that's not what I want.

So, can you order one or not or are you at the mercy of a dealer being successful at locating one for you? TIA

D.

Reply to
DMP

From everything I've heard, no, you cannot order a custom built Hyundai of any model. Given that you can only order a couple of option packages, you can usually find what you want. The 2015 models are just getting to the dealers so inventory is minimal.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed-Thanks very much.

D.

Reply to
DMP

You're welcome.

Another source of information is to sign up for the Think Tank.

Various forums and occasionally some "insider" information.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

While you can't order one (each regional office makes the actual orders from Korea), you can check dealer inventories here:

Pick a dealer that has what you want and go get it.

Reply to
hyundaitech