Can anyone recommend an honest and fair place to track down my engine light problem in L.A. area?

I'm having a smog test failure due to the OBD2 Communication / system malfunction light, and need to get it fixed to pass the smog ck in Los Angeles.
Can anyone recommend a fair and honest place to have this done???
I have a mechanic I trust, but I have a feeling his knowledge of smog check /engine light problems is limited.
This is the problem; there seem to be almost NO honest and fair places that work on Hyundais in L.A.