car getting rear-ended cause trans problem?

we were at a stop light and got rear-ended by two car chain.i had my foot on my brakes while the cars slammed into my car pushed my car forward.the back was damage trunk and bumpers and body frame.can it
cause tranny problems?
fullmetal wrote:

Not likely.

Echo from another part of the room
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I, or should I say my wife, have some experience with this. She's been rear-ended three times in three different cars, two with automatic transmissions and one with a manual gearbox. In each case, she was stopped at a stoplight, and some idiot just ran right into her. No damage to the automatic transmission in any of the accidents, however, in one case there was a broken engine mount. This can be a resultant failure - have the engine mounts checked.

Don - if I were you, I'd have my wife start running stop lights!