car jerks

hey, everyone

I have a 2003 Hyundai Accent and just changed my oil the other day. Now when first starting my car it kinda jerks forward really quickly. Its sort of like if you were to step on the gas really quick then immediately step on the breaks. Eventually after driving for a little it works normally. Any idea what it is?

thanks

-bill

Reply to
billjohnston

Your car jerks forward immediately upon starting before you even put it in gear??

Do you have an automatic or manual transmission?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Bill, I would be willing to bet the problem is with the transmission and has nothing to do with the engine oil being changed. It sounds like a valve is sticking in the transmission and allowing fluid to go where it shouldn't. As soon as the transmission builds pressure the valve snapps into place. Or it is hitting the park mechanical lock in the trans. It may be solved by flushing and refilling the transmission and could have been caused by the shop that did the oil change topping off the trans fluid with the wrong type of fluid. Or I may be completly wrong, It's hard to tell without seeing the car and I'm just assuming that you have an automatic. Good luck Bill Knauer

Reply to
billyboy24d

Bill, I would be willing to bet the problem is with the transmission and has nothing to do with the engine oil being changed. It sounds like a valve is sticking in the transmission and allowing fluid to go where it shouldn't. As soon as the transmission builds pressure the valve snapps into place. Or it is hitting the park mechanical lock in the trans. It may be solved by flushing and refilling the transmission and could have been caused by the shop that did the oil change topping off the trans fluid with the wrong type of fluid. Or I may be completly wrong, It's hard to tell without seeing the car and I'm just assuming that you have an automatic. Good luck Bill Knauer

Reply to
billyboy24d

Bill, I would be willing to bet the problem is with the transmission and has nothing to do with the engine oil being changed. It sounds like a valve is sticking in the transmission and allowing fluid to go where it shouldn't. As soon as the transmission builds pressure the valve snapps into place. Or it is hitting the park mechanical lock in the trans. It may be solved by flushing and refilling the transmission and could have been caused by the shop that did the oil change topping off the trans fluid with the wrong type of fluid unless you did the change yourself. Or I may be completly wrong, It's hard to tell without seeing the car and I'm just assuming that you have an automatic. Good luck Bill Knauer

[...]

I read the subject line and figured it had to do with the salesmen at the dealership.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sorry everyone, my computer said the message wasnt going through so I kept trying. Won't happen again. Bill Knauer

Reply to
billyboy24d

I thought it was the guys on alt.autos.hyundai. Present company excepted, of course. :D -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins