Carfax history

I was wondering if somebody could do a carfax history report for me on a 04 Elantra. Local lot says it's never been wrecked but it looks like it's had front end pieces replaced. Vin # is KMHDN46D14U738436 Thanks Ashley

Reply to
lab_rat1316

Don't place a lot of confidence in Carfax. It has been demonstrated to be wrong many, many times.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That would be illegal. Pay for the service and use it properly. It isn't that expensive. If everyone steals the service like you want to, we all pay more.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

There is no guarantee that the car in question has been to a repair facility that will report the problems repaired to the Carfax service.

Carfax is a subscription service that requires a fee to deliver a report on a car!

Reply to
Jose Juan Miqueleno

For $25 you get unlimited reports for 30 days, or $20 for one

Do dealers report? Normal service reported? I can see where it may have some value, but if you are looking at a car with 70,000 miles, the fact that it was not in a flood, major accident, is good, but if the oil has never been changed, it is still not a good deal.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hyundai says original delivery date 1/23/04. Warranty still in force. No outstanding campaigns.

Reply to
hyundaitech