Center console Lights 2005 XG350L

2005 XG350 L First Hyundai. Like the car except center console lights worthless in the day time. I'm speaking of A/C, gasoline etc just a blank black screen. turning on headlights and upping the rheostat no help. Any
ideas out there ? Thanks
Our 2005 350L is our third Hyundai. With regard to the heater/air conditioner "lights", indeed they are just about impossible to read in sunny weather. The trip computer and clock are slightly (but not much) better. The numbers and letters are there, though. I would have to assume it was a design fault as against anything specific with your (and our) car. :-(
As a footnote, our 2005 Sonata GLS-SV center console lights are brighter, but still leave a bit to be desired on a bright day.
Our 2000 Sonata GLS did not have the automatic temperature system, so the only center console "lights" was the clock which was bright and easy to see in any level of brightness. Kent