changing Elantra battery

I bought a new battery for my '01, but as I prepared to replace the old one I see a bolt coming up out of the positive terminal connection. Is this actually threaded into the terminal? Did I need to get a "threaded
terminal" battery? This is only on the positive side - the negative terminal seems normal.
The battery terminals are the same. The bolt is part of the cable end. Loosen the nut and the cable will lift off normally.