Changing Lug Post

How do i get the rotor off to change a broken lug post. I got everything else unhooked, i just cant get off the rotor. I dont want to damage the
rotor, being that it is still in good shape, i just want to take it off.
oh yeah its an 01 elantra gls if that will help thanks
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:53:54 -0400, "bigrob4201"

You see that cap in the center of the rotor? Remove it, underneath you will find a large nut that is probably held in place by a detent in a washer. You can gently straiten the detent out or just unscrew the nut with the appropriate size socket wrench. Make sure to repack the bearings when you are putting it back together. A Chiltons repair book is a really handy thing to have.
bigrob4201 wrote:

The Elantra uses captive rotors that are held in place primarily by the wheels, but there are two visible screws that hold the rotor to the hub when the wheel is off. You need to remove them first, then knock the rotor off from behind. They can become rusted in place, so considerable effort may be needed to get it off. Be careful about pounding on it too hard with a hammer, as you can crack or damage the rotor. Use a rubber mallet or a block of wood and a hammer.
The 01 Elantra rotors "slide" off and on. I use quotation marks because rust buildup often makes it nearly impossible to remove the rotor. There are two #3 Phillips screws which retain the rotor in place. You'll need to remove them. I recommend against attempting to pull the rotor off by using the threaded holes in the rotors. Nearly every time I've done this, I've cracked the rotor. I have a 3.5Lb plastic hammer I use to try to beat them off.
My recommendation is to try to remove the stud without removing the rotor if you can.
hyundaitech wrote:

I've used a little WD-40 with a high success rate on other stuck drums and rotors. Make sure to make liberal use of some brake parts cleaner afterwards though.
i think u need a rotor removal tool, im pretty sure thyre press on rotors...