Check engine light 2002 XG

Tonight, on my way home, the check engine light came on. I stopped and found that the gas cap was loose. I tightened it but the light has not gone off after several miles of driving.
Is it necessary to go to the Hyundai service people to have it reset?

It'll reset itself after a few ignition cycles.
the same thing happened to me in my denali and in my hyundai xg. in the denali i had to have ta o2 sensor replaced, and in the hyundai xgit went off in about 3 days by itself.
Same thing happened to my 2005 XG350L a couple weeks ago, give it couple days and it should go off, if not get it to the dealer as it may be a bad oxygen sensor or something else.
Tunez

Actually, it'll require several "drive cycles," not just ignition cycles. Basically, the system has to see three consecutive passes of the evaporative leak test to turn the lamp back off. I'd give it a week.
Thanks for your quick answers. Next time, I will let it go for a while, but the dealer was kind enough to reset for me.