Check Engine Light On in '01 Accent

My check engine light came on a while back due to a rusted out flex pipe on my 2001 Accent. A buddy of mine replaced the pipe, checked the error code
(1128), and erased it, but about 2 hours later the light came back on. The pipe has been duly checked -- no leaks. Anyone know what error code 1128 is and why it keeps coming back on? I'm wondering if the O2 sensor went bad during the time the pipe was leaking?
Thanks.
You probably need an air flow sensor. The code indicates a perceived lean condition under partial load. There's a nice tsb (01-36-022) on www.hmaservice.com regarding diagnosis of this condition if you have the 1.5L engine.
"" wrote: > My check engine light came on a while back due to a rusted out > flex pipe on > my 2001 Accent. A buddy of mine replaced the pipe, checked > the error code > (1128), and erased it, but about 2 hours later the light came > back on. The > pipe has been duly checked -- no leaks. Anyone know what > error code 1128 is > and why it keeps coming back on? I'm wondering if the O2 > sensor went bad > during the time the pipe was leaking? > > Thanks.
I have had the same problem with mine. In my experience, my check engine light came on because of the fuel cap. If the fuel cap isnt on tight it will cause that light to come on. If you redo the cap and make sure it is on tight, the light should go off after a while. If not you can disconnect the negative connection to the battery and wait 90 seconds before reattaching. If that was your problem, it should stay off.