Check Engine : Washer fluid?

I star5ed seeing the olod Check Engine light. So I checked engine oil (OK) coolant (OK), brake fluid level etc etc.
I read around here and tightened the fuel cap. The light was coming on
intermittently, and at vastly varying periods of driving. Turning the ingnition off and on would reset it, until it started again.
It become more and more frequent. I was starting to get frustrated.
Then I filled the windscreen washer fluid....and it stopped the next drive and has not recurred for 5 all-day journeys since.
Luck or truth? I did nothing else.
Thanks for your input.
Luck. Since turning the ignition off and on caused the lamp to reset, I'd suspect a transmission related problem.
Check the diagnostic trouble codes in the engine and transmission control modules. If within the warranty period, take it in for warranty service.
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:23:29 -0400, "hyundaitech"
and I replied:
Thanks for coming back.
Sorry for the delay in response.
The light has simply not come on again! Weird.
It's not under warranty. It's also a manual transmission, not automatic. Does that make a difference to your thoughts?

Mine light comes on all the time either from not the gas cap not making a good seal or overfilling the tank.
It's on right now come to think of it.
Chris
stuff and I replied:
Yeah, I had read of that. I checked the gas tank cap, and opened and closed it a few times, making sure it was tight. It made no difference. I had not touched it for a couple of trips, with light still on, when the light just stopped.

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:23:29 -0400, "hyundaitech"
and I replied:
Sorry. I did not register this bit. This is something I can do myself?