check light on accent 2002

Hello my accent check dashboard light came on. Can any tell me what this could mean? could it be a leak in the exhaust. thanks.

If the check dashboard light came on, it may mean your dashboard is loose. Tighten it and the light will go out.
OTOH, if the check engine light came on, it could be 20 or 30 things from simple to complex, none probably from an exhaust leak. Loose gas cap (takes 15 or so starts before it goes off again) oxygen sensor, ignition problem, etc.

On the contrary: my 2001 Accent had precisely that problem. The front exhaust pipe sprung a leak, causing the check engine light to come on. It was quite audible: the guy at the dealer pronounced an exhaust leak by ear as soon as I pulled in. They replaced the pipe under warranty, and the engine light never came on since.
Chris
Have your local AutoZone read the diagnostic trouble codes for you. Then post them here or check out the service manual at www.hmaservice.com to find out what the codes mean.
"joe" wrote: > Hello my accent check dashboard light came on. Can any tell me > what > this could mean? could it be a leak in the exhaust. thanks.