Cigarette Lighter Genesis Sedan 2012

How do you adjust the temperature on the lighter, i.e., what do you bend.

Without thinking I plugged my radar detector into the lighter socket once and the temperature has been too low ever since. I assume that the adjustment is in the socket but dunno S#$% from Shinola about adjusting the temperature back to bright red hot instead of dull barely hot enough--or not hot enough at all. I did clean the socket; doesn't seem to be the problem..

If the hot-enough release is in the lighter element are there different diameters of elements that must be used?

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

Just push and hold the lighter in to give it some more juice - your lighter is releasing too early. You could probably make some modification to the lighter to get it hotter but you better know what the heck you're doing.

Reply to
dsi1

You've pushed apart the tangs on the sides of the lighter socket. You can bend them back inward with a screwdriver or similar tool (with the ignition and accessory power off).

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks. WILCO. I should note to the other responder that holding the lighter in does NOT make the element hotter; dunno why. (Dunno much of anything really.) Being an engineer means I may know the underlying theory but that doesn't mean I understand how to actually do anything. And being a mechanical klutz adds to that.

Cheers

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

I have a different solution. No one is allowed to smoke in my car. Side benefit, it brings up the trade in value.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I did NOT say that others were allowed to smoke in my car. But I smoke. It's my car. And I drive 'em 'till the wheels fall off. So, not for you to worry about.

Ya know, this anti-smoking shit reminds me of the Army. Smokes were a buck a carton. Rum was 90 cents. Some of us naive country boys got hooked on booze or cigarettes or both. Even better was the cheap booze at the NCO clubs. Many wound up being drunks. And. Then. They threw all those lifers out for being drunks. Huh? Some of us had never had a drink of hard liquor B4 getting drafted. Perfect suckers for the booze and cigarette peddlers.

Wait until we die, Ed, B4 you change the rules, eh?

Reply to
J. Fred Riley