Class Action Suit

Page 1 of 2
I purchased a new 05 Santa Fe LX last year. One of the major reasons for my purchase was the electronic part time 4WD.
I am now told by my dealer as well as Hyundai USA that this vehicle is "all
time 4WD" despite what the brochure, all web sites, and the window sticker says.
I consider this to be a pretty serious case of bait and switch. I have filed complaints with the PA Attorney General and the US Attorney requesting initiation of a class action law suit. Also the FTC but I don't expect much there.
If you have been similarly victimized, please contact your state Attorney General.
The window stickers are applied at the port of entry so this fraud conspiracy goes far beyond my local Hyndai dealer.
If enough people bring this matter to the attention of the proper authorities, Hyundai will be forced to take action to remedy this situation.
Norm
Its probably like the AWD in the Chevy Equinox, if it detects torque slippage from the front wheels, it delievers more power to the rear.
Stop whining and wanting to sue everyone, thats what causes prices to go up.

my
"all
filed
much
situation.

Bait and Switch? or Fraud?
it took you this long to notice there no 4x4 lever or switch?

go pay another 20K and get yerself a REAL 4WD then and quit yer bitching... asshole..;-)

Norm wrote:

Why was part-time 4WD a major reason?

The web site has the 2006 model now, but it clearly suggests that the 4WD is either "mechanical full-time" or "electronic automatic."

I'd consider it an error in the brochure. What evidence of malice do you have?

Victimized? Grow up.

Again, what evidence do you have of either fraud or conspiracy? Do you know what these words even mean?

And what remedy do you want? It seems you got an even better system than what you thought you were getting so where are the damages to you? When I bought my Jeep Comanche many moons ago, Jeep offered, as I recall, three different 4WD/AWD systems. The offered a completely manual system (other than not having manual hubs to lock), which I bought. A full-time system and a full-time system with a torque sensing center differential. The manual/part-time system was the least capable and least expense of them all. It seems to me that you got more rather than less.
Matt
amen testify matt ! =)

I don't think he understands what part-time 4WD means. I didn't until I read up on it. http://auto.consumerguide.com/articles/index.cfm/act/featuredarticles/article/FA_4WD.html?print=yes Part-time 4WD is actually a bad thing compared to what the vehicle actually has. Also, I think that the use of the term "part-time 4WD" on the window sticker resulted from a Korean-English translation error. You know, it's only on part of the time.

Maybe they already knew the difference, and understood that you got something better than what they descibed on the sticker.
Norm wrote:

What are you so wound up about? Part-time 4WD systems are just plain stupid anyway. You drag the extra hardware around 99.9% of the time and get no benefit from it other than during the .1% of the time that you actually use it. In the meantime, you waste fuel hauling the extra weight. At least with an AWD system you get some minimal benefit all of the time.

Exactly HOW have you been "victimized"? What damages have you incurred? It sounds to me like you got a better system than you thought you had.

Oh, brother! Haven't you got anything better to do than cook up bogus conspiracy theories?

Yeah, I'm sure they'll jump all over this evil plot...
Get a life!
I am continually amazed that people are somehow smart enough to access Usenet Newsgroups yet they lack the native intelligence to understand what they are reading in those groups.
Federal Law, specifically 15 U.S.C. 1231 et seq., requires the so called window sticker to be affixed to automobiles at the port of entry. This sticker lists the standard and optional features of the vehicle.
When the ACTUAL features differ from what is listed that is FRAUD.
I'm sorry if you are too stupid to understand this simple concept.
There is not much more I can do to explain it to you. Please go to your local library and ask the librarian for assistance.
I have retained private counsel and fully intend to sue, but feel confident that at least one of the 50 States' AGs will bring a cause of action.
Norm
Norm wrote:

You may want to take your own advice and visit your library, find a dictionary and look up "fraud" before you embarrass yourself further in public. Making a mistake doesn't constitute fraud. And proving that this simply wasn't a mistake on Hyundai's part will be very difficult.
Matt
Wow, stupidity of people like you cause lawyers to get rich and everyone else to pay more. Seems people like you cause most of the problems. Not mistakes in brochures.
This is not a serious enough offense to make anyone really see it your way except your lawyer who will get a pretty penny either way.

Sounds like a legal Troll trying to get more people so he can say he has a crowd of folks too stupid to understand the issue. His deired en is to show we are soooo stupid that big daddy government has to step in and award his legal council a fat fee for pointing it out.
nothermark wrote:

That conspiracy theory is a lot more plausible than the one that Norm postulated. Slimeball attorneys do this all the time.
There's a concept called "growing up and acting like an adult". Perhaps you should look THAT up, since evidently your parents didn't explain it to you. Then again, perhaps you're too stupid to understand it.
You got MORE than you paid for and you're claiming you were "victimized"? That SHOULD get laughed out of court in any state!
question is, why did u buy it if it wassnt the four wheel drive system you desired? you obviousely know the difference between part time 4wd and awd. Did you not notice lack of 4wd lever buttom or transfer case lever? Then why did you buy it? maybye someone used the wrong sticker, shit happens.

Maybe the buttmunch did'nt know the differance to start with !!!!

We've got ourselves a winner with this "Norm" guy. His history: http://tinyurl.com/86luz You'll have to accept google's "adult access" page for at least one of them.
Bob wrote:

So, he likes soccer and is still running Windows 98? I'm not sure if the other one is legit or not.
HAHAHAHA Get a job and quit trying to get something for free !!!!!