Climate control air filter

I owned a Prizm for 8 years. I don't have a garage so I have had mice get into the ventilation system which cost a lot to get straightened out (insurance paid for most of it). Is this a potential problem with my

2008 Elantra? If so, would it make sense to put a piece of 1/4 inch hardware cloth (wire mesh) in with the climate control air filter?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

New Hampshire

This is a potential problem with any car. The mesh couldn't hurt.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you HT.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Today I put a piece of 1/2 inch "hardware cloth" (chicken wire) above the filter to try and prevent mice from getting to the blower. I previously put some of this over the engine air intake also. The critters get desperate looking for shelter in the fall.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

---MIKE---

You need smaller to stop mice. Go with 1/4" or less

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski