Climate control air filter

I owned a Prizm for 8 years. I don't have a garage so I have had mice get into the ventilation system which cost a lot to get straightened out (insurance paid for most of it). Is this a potential problem with my
2008 Elantra? If so, would it make sense to put a piece of 1/4 inch hardware cloth (wire mesh) in with the climate control air filter?
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 6, 4:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

This is a potential problem with any car. The mesh couldn't hurt.
Add pictures here
✖
Thank you HT.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
Today I put a piece of 1/2 inch "hardware cloth" (chicken wire) above the filter to try and prevent mice from getting to the blower. I previously put some of this over the engine air intake also. The critters get desperate looking for shelter in the fall.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
Today I put a piece of 1/2 inch "hardware cloth" (chicken wire) above the filter to try and prevent mice from getting to the blower. I previously put some of this over the engine air intake also. The critters get desperate looking for shelter in the fall.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
You need smaller to stop mice. Go with 1/4" or less
Add pictures here
✖