Codes

My check engine light came on, I took it to autozone for them to get the coded for me ( its free!) the codes were P1154 and H02S, how do I fix this and what will it cost me? Also, my power steering hose is leakin toward the bottom end of the hose where the connection is made, would a clamp at this spot fix it? Or what can be done?

Reply to
EGONZO1212

Replace the hose.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

P1154 indicates excessive transition on bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor.

Depending on situation, you may need to replace the sensor, reprogram you engine control module, or both.

What's the year and model of your car? And, if you're willing to post it, please give the Vehicle Identification Number. This will allow me to check recalls and whether the engine control module has already been reprogrammed.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Okay, I see from your other post that you have a 2002 Sonata. You'll want to check to see if recall V02 is currently open on your vehicle. If so, you should have your engine control module reprogrammed under recall. If not, you'll need to replace bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor at your own expense.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hi!!! I wanted to know how I go about finding out if recall V02 is currently open in my vehicle, and who do I contact? Thanks!!!

Reply to
EGONZO1212

Hi again, another question for you, the power steering hose is leakin, would it adivseable to change it myself or is it better to have it done by a mechanic? I was told there is compressed air and such and it could be dangerous, I was going to have a friend do it...If I take it to a mechanic how much do you estimate it would cost for repair and labor??? Just a ball park figure. New to all this, and glad you can help...:)

Reply to
EGONZO1212

Dealer should be able to tell you easily.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you are unsure, don't have the proper tools, take it to a mechanic. While not the most difficult job, getting to it can be difficult and hte fittings difficult to undo. I have no experience with the cost. Hose about $30 to $45, labor has to be at least that much or more.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

thanks very much, appreciate ur help!! Really! :)

Reply to
EGONZO1212