Coolant Change

I have a 2004 Santa Fe 3.5 6 cyl. I am looking to change the coolant myself this time. Looking on line I found out where the drain is and found it on
the car. There is a hole big enough in a crossmember to get a phillips screwdriver thru to the slotted drain plug. I don't want to pull the belly pan off, and read that it was not necessary. Has anyone done a change on the 3.5 ? if so where does it drain to, is there a drain hose? If not it looks like it would drain on top of the crossmember and all over the place ! The only access is thru a hole just big enough for a screwdriver to fit thru and if the drain plug comes off then the only way of getting it back on is removing the belly pan (Skid Plate) !!!!!!
Striker

This is all accurate.

Why dont you just use the tried and true Prestone method of cleaning/ flushing your cooling system ? Buy the package with the flushing Tees in along with hose clamps , and get a bottle of Prestone Cleaner . You simply cut the Tee into the heater inlet hose and you now have a permanent place to flush the system with your garden hose. Its backflushed and all the junk comes out of your radiator inlet. Simple, very effective, no headaches, been around for years.