Cost of timing belt replacement in Maryland

My daughters 2002 Elantra was nearing 60000 miles, so I called around to a few Hyundai dealers to see what they charged. The one that had quoted me $400 a couple of months back had upped it to $460. Most were around $450

+/- 30 bucks. However Antwerpen Hyundai in Clarksville, Md. gave me a quote of $230! After recovering , I immediately made an appointment for a couple of days later. I could not have even got it done at an independent shop (after adding in $90 for Genuine Hyundai belt) for that price. I even let them charge me $60 for the three drive belts, about $35 more than I would have paid for aftermarkets at most Auto parts store. My daughter lives in Laurel, so Clarksville is only 10-15 miles away. Anyway, if anyone that lives nearby and is coming up on a timing belt replacement soon, it may be worth your while to do it now, cause I believe that is a special they are promoting (I didn't ask any questions). And yes they did a good job. bill P.S. thanks to HyundaiTech for responding to my earlier post.
Reply to
BillyGoat

"BillyGoat" wrote in news:s-SdnaEYoMantJ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

That might even be worth the drive from NJ. My wife's 2002 Elantra is due for a timing belt in the near future.

Thanks.

Reply to
Eric G.

This is a really good post - even though it's a bit too far for me to take advantage of it from Syracuse, NY. Good info - thanks for sharing this.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That's a fantastic price. Good catch.

Reply to
hyundaitech

$300 for the timing belt on a 99 elantra plus all serpentine belts (dealer), and we dont even have a steady connection with that dealer.

Reply to
Paradox