Crank angle Sensor

1994 Hyundai Lantra - Is there anybody out there having trouble starting their engine? This seems to be an intermittent fault, and doesn’t seem to matter whether the engine is cold or not. I took it
to a mechanic yesterday, who said the computer wouldn’t diagnose a fault with the "crank angle sensor", but he was sure that what it would be. He also said it was an expensive part to replace! Has anyone had any similar problems, and where is this sensor located on the DOC 1.8 ltr engine? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanking you JoannR :(
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Crank-angle-Sensor-ftopict248309.html
âś–
I doubt it's the crank sensor. Normally, the optical-style sensor on this car has one of two failure modes:
-- Intermittently shuts car off when driving. After sitting a period of time, the car starts and runs normally.
-- The car stalls never to start again until the crank sensor is replaced.
Since the crank sensor is critical not just for starting but also for the engine to run, it's not likely to have an intermittent issue that occurs only when attempting to start.
I'd suspect things like the coolant temperature sensor, which could monkey with mixture enough during start-up that the engine won't start. After the engine is actually running, the computer can typically adjust to any issues.
âś–
HI Joann, I have a similar problem with an Elantra gls 2000 very random,you go to start it either hot or cold and it sputters a bit as if it goes to start then just cranks over...dead! At times I can take the key out lock the car,then go through unlocking,ingnition,crank and away it goes as if nothing was ever wrong.There are times when it just wont start...,I wait wait ...and then mysteriously bang starts up totally normal????????? Anyone got any clues Txs muchly
chocko
âś–