Cranks but won't start

I have a 2002 Accent 1.6L, with an Automatic trany and 21K on it. The cars cranks but does not start. Its an intermittent problem. The battery has
plenty of juice, and all other electrical gear works, radio, headlights, and fan. Last time I put it in drive and let the car roll forward. Then I put it in Park and it started right up, but, it didn't work this time? Help!!
If you're in the U.S., call Hyundai roadside assistance and have it towed for free to the nearest dealer. The problem is likely covered by the warranty.
If you wish to try to investigate the problem yourself, I'd first check for any trouble codes if you can. If you can't do that, see if you have spark when cranking. There's a thread below where we were discussing the possibility of a crank sensor failure, but there are many other possibilities.
The problem is no longer intermittent. It's cranking but just not starting at all. Hyundai towed the car, and the dealer called me and told me that they cant find the problem. It might be a pinched wire,(ha) and its going to take 3 hours to find the cause of the problem. And get this, it might not be under warranty, because the vehicle was involved in an accident. Please, the accident was minor, only the hood became bent. This is going to be a real fight
The dealer is simply taking the position that since the vehicle was involved in an accident (which they presumably don't know the details of), they need to do significant diagnosis to find the problem, and won't be sure what caused the problem until they find it.
This doesn't mean they will charge you. It simply means they're asking you to promise to cover their time spent on diagnosis in the event they find the problem and it isn't warrantable. It sounds like they have some idea what direction they're headed-- i.e., they know what type of problem they have (e.g. no power to crank sensor) but still need to find out why that is occurring, and it's not going to be very simple.
If they do tell you it's accident related, be prepared to submit any needed repairs to an appropriate insurance company. If the insurance company and dealer disagree, they'll likely work it out between them. If there's no insurance involved, they should be able to explain to or show you why the problem is related to the accident.
It was the Cam Positioning sensor. The dealer is ordering the part and will get back to me, and the car is under warranty, I was told.
I got the car back yesterday and the crank positioning sensor was replaced.
"cesrxm1" wrote:

The cam positioning sensor is the same as the crank sensor, right? Thanks for posting the solution to your problem. Im having starting problems as well.
Sorry y0g1bare, I ment crank positioning sensor not CAM.
I picked up the car Wednesday evening and drove to work on Thursday and now the check engine light is on again. Its one day and the car is giving me problems again. Its sluggish and at highway speeds it does not want to up shift into 4th gear. At 60 mph it should tack at around 2500 rpms, but its revving at around 4000 rpms. This is exactly how the car acted prior to it no longer starting on me (the cranks positioning sensor). I honestly think Accents have a sensor problem. This is some speed sensor acting up. The car has an OD button maybe it has a short. Well, the car is back at the shop again after one day of driving it.
The Speed sensor was bad and the dealer replaced it. So far so good.
Common problem. Inductive crank angle sensor problem, replace it