Cruise Control

I recently purchased a 2000 Elantra and I am noticing that when I set my cruise control the car will "jerk" back and forth within a 2-3 mph range
for about 5 minutes before the car finally sets at my desired speed (around 80 mph). Any ideas on what is causing this? How to fix it? Thanks!
I wonder if the actuator is sticking.