Cruise Control Out - Is part available? to fix

Howdy everybody.
I've been without cruise control for @18 months for my 2001 Elantra GT - great car. Tranny sensor went out the other day but was covered by the
drivetrain warranty - loved that. The cruise part is on Nation BackOrder? has anybody else had this problem?
I'm at 70,000 miles. what services are critical now and is the timing belt one of them?

months for my 2001 Elantra GT -

The complete list of services required for your warranty and other recommended intervals is in your owner's manual. If you don't have the manual, it's available on-line at the Hyundai site. And yes - the timing belt is one of them. It was due at 60,000 miles.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Curious...What does the brake lights have to do with the cruise?
Rob
The cruise module reads the voltage from the brake switch. The outboard lamps are regular bulbs, but the high mounted stop lamp on the hatch has LEDs. There is a bias voltage in the cruise module on the brake lamp switch circuit, so if the bulbs are both burned out, the only path to ground for the bias voltage is through the solid state lamp, thus making significant a change in the voltage reading in the cruise module, and confusing it to the point where it'll disable cruise.
This is one of those things I learned the hard way. I had one of these with cruise inop and never even thought to look at the brake bulbs. Lots of diagnosis and a cruise control module later, it still wasn't working. I'll remember that one for a while.

I repair/build computers on the side, years ago I built one and the bios would constantly reset. I replaced the motherboard and it did the same thing. Well, I aint the brightest fellow but even I thought that was long odds that two would have the exact same problem. After hours of frustration I find a small dot of paper on the battery, not a pull tab but a little dot covering the terminal. You had to remove the battery to remove it. A lesson I will never forget. I check now as I'm sure if I brought my car to you with a cruise problem you would walk to the rear and have me hit my brakes.
Rob