Dash Lights go off/on intermittently (Attn: hyundaitech)

Hey. I have a 2001 Accent with approx 57000km. Recently my dash lights (speedometer, oil temp gauge, revs) have been going off an on intermittently while driving. I figure taking it in the the shop will
give me some run arounds since wiring issues can be extremely difficult to find so i figure someone here may have had a similiar run in. The lights could work for 20 mins no prob and then be off for 20, could work for 5 then off for 30. There is no rhyme or reason as to the operability issues. Speed, road conditions etc have all differed.
I found the following thread while searching the newsgroups for a similiar problem that somewhat explains my issue: http:// groups.google.ca/group/alt.autos.hyundai/browse_thread/thread/ b67a54075e117739/d6f670c5050a5a8e?lnk=gst&qsh+lights+go +out&rnum=1&hl=en#d6f670c5050a5a8e
Any other ideas besides the inverter? Any ideas what the inverter would cost? How long to install?
Thanks for all your help!
Help someone ;)
Please!