Dealer bites the dust

Page 1 of 4
Well, I just found out our Hyundai dealer in Athens, Ga went out of business and our nearest dealer is now about 80 miles away. Wonderful.......................

business
Welcome to the Obama Economy(?)
Amen to that!!! We are doomed!

Yeah, the one he inherited from Bush. The only thing that makes me thinks bad about Obama is that he wasn't smart enough to say "no thanks" to the job.
Bill wrote:

The "it isn't my fault, I inherited it" excuse is wearing thin. Obama has spent more money in this first few months than Bush spent in years. That is simply a fact.
Matt

It's Bush and the Republicans' fault. End of story. Spinning it won't alter reality. Deregulation failed.
Same comment to you Miles!!! Wake up and watch something besides your left wing TV stations and maybe, just maybe, you'll recognize the truth.............

631grant wrote:

Something fair and balanced like Fox with Beck, Hannity and O'Really!?!?

I didn't say 'fair and balanced' but I said the other SIDE OF THE STORY. How can you make an intelligent (oops, I forgot this is a newsgroup and intelligence is not a prerequisite) decision if you just listen to one side of the story. AND what makes you think listening to CNBC is 'fair and balanced???' Tune in and learn what is REALLY happening unless you can't get your head out of the sand or some other dark place.

Thanks 631 - I think I missed where you said "the other SIDE OF THE STORY." Could you please tell me where that quote is? What you did say was that if you "watch something besides your left wing TV stations...you'll recognize the truth." I think that this infers that the truth will be found on some other station and, having listened to enough of FOX to know that all stations other than FOX are "left wing" I just assumed that you meant FOX. Was there another station you were referring to? AND although FOX declares itself to be fair and balanced I'm unaware that CNBC (where/who brought that up?) also claims that. I always thought CNBC was a business channel. Oh wait, I'll bet you meant MSNBC, didn't you?
When my daughter was six and she would run out of logic she would say "shut up stupid". Is that the equivalent of "get your head out of the sand or some other dark place"? You really do know how to elevate a discussion.
631grant wrote:

Actually, JP, I WAS referring to CNBC because they were interviewing the new Pay Czar, who refused 12 invitations from Fox to appear on their show. NBC is NBC no matter what letter appears before it. You should know that from your Ebonics classes. If you are so up to date and know both sides, can you tell me the down side of the Farm/Environmental Bill that your girlfriend, the great Nancy Pelosi is DEMANDING be passed by the end of next week? Why does everything have to be rushed through Congress before it can even be read and digested? This one is 1000 pages NOW. Have your TV stations told you what it will do to the American economy and how much it will affect the price of operating the farms, which of course translates to food prices?
Do yourself a favor and watch some Fox News so that, in the future, you won't look quite as stupid when someone asks you who in the hell you voted for. As for me, I voted for the American. Maybe I'm mistaken but you appear learned and therefore probably aren't looking for a free ride like most Obama voters are looking for. That probably means you are either from the New England area or are a young, idealist who hasn't learned anything yet. If you are neither of those, than I truly feel sorry for you and your offspring (God forbid).

LOL There is nothing funnier and scarier than someone who doesn't know how stupid they are.
Sorry 631 where was it you said "the other side of the story" again? After reading about all your other extraneous stuff the answer escaped me.
I'm afraid I don't know about the Farm/Environmental Bill that you refer to. I googled farm bill and didn't come up with anything that seemed relevant and then I went to the govtrack/congress/search bill and didn't find anything there either. Do you have an HR #? You certainly will get no argument from me that Congress is not doing there job and that goes across party lines. The business of Congress seems to be to get reelected and anything else is a bonus.
If I watch Fox News then I will know who I voted for? There's so much I don't understand. Perhaps I should watch them.
It sounds like you think there was only one American running in the last election but I can assure you that with a Supreme Court, who has a majority of it's members appointed by a Republican, I think it's highly unlikely that a non-American could be nominated, no less be elected, as President of the U.S. (At least as a Democrat). I now that sometimes certain constitutional issues are kind of winked at but ....
I kind of have trouble following the logic in your last part. You say I appear to be learned and not looking for a free hand out (thank you I would like to think you are right on both counts), but then you go on to say I am either from NE or a young idealist who hasn't learned anything yet. Being neither of these, and since you are from the Athens, GA area and also not a young idealist it sounds like we are in the same boat. I appreciate your empathy and wish to extend my sympathies to you and your offspring. I know how hard it is to accept someone so antithetical to be your President but look on the bright side. At least you aren't a heartbeat away from having Sarah as your president.
631grant wrote:

Sorry - second from last sentence/second paragraph should be their not there. Stupid spell check! jp103 wrote:

You sure as hell substantiated my point if you don't know about the bill that is now being vigorously debated in Congress!!! See what I mean about the networks you watch? Ever watch the Senate or House proceedings? My guess is NO. Once again, you Dems with your head in the sand won't find out what is going on until it is too late and then you'll spend your time trying to blame it on Bush even though it's being done right now by YOUR Congress. Your type is the reason this country is going to hell! I guess you also can't see the maneuvering that is and has been going on to position the country to grant amnesty to 20 million illegal aliens. Once again, when it's over, you'll say 'How did that happen?'.

Grant, Grant, Grant, There you go again. I try to educate myself by asking WHAT THE HR (this stands for House Resolution)# IS and you just want to rant. How can I educate myself by reading and familiarizing myself if you won't even tell me what you are talking about? So I will assume that this is a Rush Rant that piqued your interest and aside from maybe retaining some of his "facts" you don't really know jack about it. I have tried to address your points but you seem to only want to hear yourself talk and not reply to any of my questions. If this is incorrect then please tell me where you said:
1 Where did you say "the other side of the story"? 2 Do you have an HR #? 3 If I watch Fox news I will know who I voted for?
If you need some help with the answers - 1 As regards this thread I didn't. 2 Hmmm no 3 How the hell would Fox news know who you voted for?
Perhaps you could get your news from Colbert and Stewart because it seems that you just aren't enjoying life right now.
I do appreciate some of your posts about Hyundais so keep up the good work.
631grant wrote:

Jp, Jp, Jp
I'm not helping you anymore to avoid watching Fox to get the other side of the story. When you find out what I'm talking about, you can cry on my shoulder. I'm not making anything up. It's for you to find out.

No, I'm only two sniper rounds away from having Nancy Pelosi as my President!!!! NOW THAT REALLY SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:25:54 -0400, "631grant"

Yeah, scares me too. ALMOST as much as being one heart attack away from Palin being president.
Bill
Bill wrote:

The difference is that the first scenario is possible and the second is not.