Dear Hyundaitech Stripped wheel stud '99 elantra

Front wheel. Had tires installed a while back. I told them to leave off the wheel covers so I could repaint them. Went to put them on and one of the studs just spins with the lug. I have my reasons for not
going back to confront the installer. Is there enough room somewhere in the wheel rotation to push out the stud after I cut off the lug, or is it going to require more disassembly?
Thanks
L.

Look at the hub. Usually on the front wheels there is not enough room anywhere in the rotation because the steering knuckle is in the way. You will be able to tell with just a quick look.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Good point. If the lug was over torqued, it would likely seat tight against hub before it would strip the stud, yes?
I'll check that first.

Thanks