Diesel fuel costs

From time to time, the subject of diesel fuel costs has surfaced here and on other auto forums. The question is often asked why diesel is more expensive
than regular gasoline. I just found this info: http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp This is right from the Department of Energy and you will see that it takes LESS oil and LESS refining to make a gallon of diesel. Taxes are the same and the only difference is the category of distribution and Marketing. That is a puzzle to be sure. Just thought it was really interesting and makes me wonder every time I pass a station, even a truck stop and see diesel higher than gasoline.
On that same site, it goes on to explain (I use that term loosely) why diesel costs more, which goes against their charts...... We are talking about the government so who knows????