Disable door open chime on 06 Sonata

We've bought an 06 4 cyl Sonata GLS. We love the car but the incessant beeping of door open warning makes us want to shoot the car as there are times when you want the door open while the car is on or at least with the
radio on. I was hoping just to pull a fuse, but didn't find an obvious listing. Is there an easy way to disable this very annoying chime?
Thanks,
Dan
ok if you really hate sound find spot where door meets frame there is rubber button there tape it down and viola no ding but beware side effect is no dome light on when door open and no door ajar warning Dan Raymond wrote:

I don't think that's a viable solution and certainly not what he was looking for. The real question is where is the chime located and what would be the best method to disable? If you put a resistor in line with the power side of the chime, it will reduce the volume enough so that's its palitable versue annoying. You would have to experiment with different values of resistors until you got the volume to where you want it. The only other option is to tape over the speaker opening to "muffle" the sound therefore decreasing the volume or just cut the leads feeding the chime all together.
You are correct that keeping the door button depressed will work but that option truly isn't an option.
Yeah, I certainly don't want to just tape the button or the speaker. I would be happy to clip the wire, but I'm afraid that would require removing the dash. That scares me on a car we just got, and my wife is scared I might just do it. Why couldn't it just beep five times and stop?
Dan
Hello, cableguy3! You wrote on Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:02:45 -0400:
c> I don't think that's a viable solution and certainly not what he was c> looking for. The real question is where is the chime located and what c> would be the best method to disable? If you put a resistor in line with c> the power side of the chime, it will reduce the volume enough so that's c> its palitable versue annoying. You would have to experiment with c> different values of resistors until you got the volume to where you want c> it. The only other option is to tape over the speaker opening to c> "muffle" the sound therefore decreasing the volume or just cut the leads c> feeding the chime all together.
c> You are correct that keeping the door button depressed will work but c> that option truly isn't an option.
With best regards, Dan Raymond. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com

I'd be very leery of clipping a wire. With all the interactions of electronics on cars today, that could have terrible consequences and if you have an unrelated electronics problem nest year, the dealer may hang you out to dry over the warranty that you voided.
I'd like to change the use of the chime at times too. If have a habit of releasing the seatbelt before turning off the key. Ding, Ding Ding. Move the car in the driveway ten feet. Ding, Ding Ding. I'm not worried about not having my seatbelt on for that short a ride.

I suppose you could always ask your dealership or the dealership tech to disable it. It's doubtful it will void the warranty.
- Thee Chicago Wolf
Guys, I took my center console out this afternoon to begin the installation of my Bluetooth Car Kit and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System I purchased. After removing the entire console, I found the Body Control Module or BCM (little black box directly underneath where the 12V accessory plug is) and saw little speaker holes in the top side of the BCM. I put my key in the ignition and sure enough it started chiming away...LOUDLY from that location!
I put a small piece of electrical tape over it to help mute the sound and make it more "pleasant" and it worked great! No more loud and annoying chime. There is no way to disable it or "cut" the leads as it is built-in to the BCM box and is not accessible so the best you can do is mute it.
It was very simple to do and I highly recommend it to those of you with 2006-2007 Sonata's that hate the loud chime.
The instructions to remove the center console can be found on the www.hmaservice.com website.
Good luck and enjoy!