Does 2002 Sonata radio have an amp?

I've been given the radio (AM/FM, CD and tape player)out of a 2002 V6 Sonata. I got the wiring harness today so that I could hook it up to a power supply and speakers. To my surprise, the audio could barely be
heard. Does this radio require an amp? If so, any idea of what one costs? Thank you.
Some radios require amps and some do not. Do you have the radio model number from the top of the unit? I can probably find out with that info.
The model number is H - 290YFL     The part # is 96190 - 3D100
There is a bar code on the side. The numbers on it are: WDA2102335 1008343 D91
If this radio does require an amp, is it also available via the aftermarket?
Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated. bee man
hyundaitech wrote:

The H290 is externally amped. You can check the schematics in the ETM section at www.hmaservice.com to see if you can garner some info about what your amp will need to do. I'd presume that any amp should work, but I'm not an audiophile and I've never looked into amps, so I could also be completely wrong on that count.
do you know if the H260 is externally amped?
H260 is not externally amplified.
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:46:00 -0500, "hyundaitech"

Thank you. I'm still looking at replacing my stereo with an aftermarket one supporting mp3 cds. My problem is I don't want to -lose- any quality. I can't imagine the stock unit cost a fortune.
Does anyone know of a <$200 head unit that supports mp3 cds and would sound as good as the stock H260? Im not worried about massive bass, just something that'll sound the same as my stock unit.
Thanks
Thanks. I cannot login on the link you provided. I fill out the form and then click the bar to send it and nothing happens. I get no response.